Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Twelve Tags of Christmas, Day 7

This tag is a neat tag. Nice and vintage-y. Kind of up my alley in terms of style and christmas cheer. But it didn't exactly work the way I wanted it too. Let's have a look.......
And let's see what Mr.Holtz's tag looked like
(Once again, if this link doesn't work...please tell me!)
His background was nice and splotchy and full of niftyness. Mine....not so much. Not sure what happened. I even had THE APPROPRIATE DISTRESS STAINS!!!! And he says spritz with water after applying the distress stains and magic happens. No magic happened people! And he always says, don't be afraid to retry...just swipe that tag through your ink again. So I did. I spritzed with water. No magic. Just a really sopping wet tag that started dripping everywhere. Sure hope distress stain comes out of my jammies.....
I really did like this tag. But my time to do it was so limited...maybe the tag gods felt this and now I'ver supposedly learned my lesson on trying to Tim's tag techniques too fast. Whatever. I'm a fly by the seat of my pants-er. I'll never learn my lesson.
Let's revisit what else I did differently from him.
1.) Failed tag background. Already discussed, not necessarily a failure, but a crafty detour. I would say my supplies failed me here.
2.) He used kraft glassine papers to make the holly leaf. Not this girl. I haven't even see this stuff in the stores. Oh wait....I've been good....and not gone crafty shopping for awhile. Hence why I've not seen the kraft glassine. Mind you that might change...I'm going to a crop on Friday...YEE-HAW! Ok, back to the subject at hand. I used.... a paper bag! Yep, I used a kraft paper bag and did what he did to the glassine. Special.
That was really all that varied. Oh wait...
3.) He punched his holly and branches out with the big shot. I free handed mine with pencil and scissors! Holly leaves AND branches. And I added sparkly stickles to my branches instead of distress stickles. I like the sparkle better.
So that's about it. Done, done and done!

No comments: