Thursday, December 1, 2011

The 12 tags of christmas. Day 1

So, Tim Holtz does this every year. And I admire and think 'wow', 'awsome', 'fantastic'.....and I really do have some intention of trying out his techniques. I never do. I finally have. I tried the first tag of 2011. And it's ok. I really like his. Mine.....well I'm working at a disadvantage. My big shot is broken. So I can't die cut or emboss. Anyhow here is my tag.
Please excuse the picture. Took it with the point and shoot...it didn`t want to focus. Anyhow let me explain this tag....
1.) Big shot...bah. Who needs that? I got out my pencil and scissors to cut out the required shapes...and my rolling pin to dry emboss the background. Yes. My ROLLING PIN!
2.) Specialty dies to create the pine cones. Not this sister...sister. Good ol' edge punch, some water misting and a whack of glimmermist. Done.
3.) Fancy schmancy ribbon? Nada. Using up something I think I cut off of a gift bag. Har!
4.) Expensive scrapbooking bauble thingys? Not from this gal. Swarovski people! Swarovski!
5.) Exclusive holiday ink pads? Oh, wait...yeah I did buy those. And can I say that the distress ink 'iced spruce' is really really cool!
Well, anyhow...there she be!!!!!
Oh yeah...I'm really not expecting to keep up with every tag. Might be a bit time consuming. I might try just to do the ones that I like. Aaannnd... I probably should attempt some housework!

2 comments:

Genny said...

Hey, I just saw that post last night! Good job on the Macgyver skills and the using up of old stuff!

Stacy said...

Yeah, talk about primitive techniques. Whatever works man!