Saturday, December 10, 2011

Twelve Tags of Christmas...Day 5

This tag is totally different than the rest of them. It exudes a way different christmassy feel than the previous ones. Dare I say...it's a more elegant tag?
And here is Mr.Holtz's rendition.
I have to admit, I'm still looking for ways to dress this tag up. I guess I've gotten into the habit of over-embellishing so much on the other tags that this tag almost seems too simple. Having said that, creating the background for this tag was not simple. It wasn't hard, but it wasn't simple either. And perhaps that is where the magic is in this tag.
So, what did I do differently?
1.) I used a different colour background ink (I dug out a package of alcohol inks that I think I bought about 2 years ago and have been collecting dust in a basket) and I used a different stamp. So not really big changes here. Thank goodness I did have the black archival ink that I bought way back when I took a Vicki Boutin class with the sisters. I think this is the first time I ever used it. Once again, collecting dust.
2.) I had to change up the wreath on the front. No die cuts here.....I used cut up flowers spritz green with glimmermist....a favorite little trick of mine. Can I just say that having white flowers kicking around is always a good thing?
3.) And I tried to dress up the ribbon a bit on the top. Stuck one of my expensive metal charms on it.
DONE!

1 comment:

-S said...

I think it's fancy. Nice red texture in the background.