Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Twelve Tags of Christmas: Tag #2

Yes, I know I'm behind. It doesn't help that I'm big-shotless. Insert very unhappy face here. All of Tim Holtz's tags require the big shot in some shape, way, and form. So having to come up with alternatives to it are hard...although I really don't mind the challenge. But I've come to a realization that I'm probably not going to be able to do them all. So on that note, let's see what I came up with for Tag #2!
So, let's see what I did differently here.
Check out that link above. I hope it takes you to Tag #2. If it's an unusable link, let me know. This is the first time I've ever inserted a link like this using blogger. I hope it works....
OK!
1.) the background of the tag required kraft resist paper. That I have none of. So I cut out my tag, stamped it with a musical background stame and a little pinecone stuffs and THEN stamped over it with versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder to make MY OWN kraft resist. In theory, in my head, it works!!! Ok, I had to re-stamp in versamark and embossing powder because my positioning was just a little off and I was afraid the original black stamping wouldn't show through. Yeah...I didn't really need to worry about that because in the next step....
2.) He had us painting the whole back ground (covering the whole tag) in Picket Fence distress stain. Yeah, I don't have that either...SO I made my own from white acrylic paint and lots and lots of water. Probably TOO MUCH water. But I fixed that and repainted the tag in a thicker concoction.
3.) Then I went to town with my NEW HOLIDAY DISTRESS INKS! WHOOT!
4.) Then I was supposed to do some flicking of some other distress stain or alcohol ink or something that I didn't have....I flicked acrylic paint instead. Too bad most of it landed elsewhere...AND NOT ON THE TAG! Needless to say, I flicked paint for awhile.
5.) The rest of the tag is close to what TH did, only with my own stuff. The reindeer became a bird (cause that's all I had), the wreath became a christmassy branch, and for the ribbon stuffs at the top of the tag, I just used some of my own ribbon I had to pull out of a dusty corner...because I have LOTS of ribbon...and I never use it.
SOOOO that is my Day 2 tag. I had it pinned on my wall to take pictures of it and when I came back after a day or two and actually took the picture, someone else had added their 'two cents' or maybe I should say their own 'artistic expression' to my tag. I'll let you guess what that expression is and who did it.
CURIOUS....Do you guys actually read all that stuff? Or do you just look at the pictures???????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally read everything! How else am I suppose to learn crafting Macgyver skills???

G

Anonymous said...

Took some squinting....looks like a little hand added a nice sticker...awww, isn't that such a nice helper!

S said...

If I win a million dollars, I will buy you Tim Holtz's entire line! Not that you need it with your ingenuity (and Little Miss' help).

And YES, I always read your blog....sometimes more than once....

-S said...

AND reading your blog makes me feel crafty (even when I don't do anything!)...

Bluenocs said...

Gee, thanks for the thoughtful thoughts!!! And wouldn't you know...I like to read my own blog too! Yes....perhaps more than once as well!